A powerful car bomb has killed at least 17 people in Afghanistan’s Logar province.
The blast came on the eve of a ceasefire announced by the Taliban during the Eid festival.
The Taliban has denied responsibility for the attack, while the Islamic State militant group has not yet commented.
The governor’s spokesman, Deedar Luang, told AFP that the attack appeared to have been carried out by a suicide bomber.
The bomber struck shortly after noon in front of the governor’s office, where many people were shopping for the festival.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the attack had “nothing to do” with his group.
The Taliban and the Afghan government have agreed on a three-day ceasefire starting from first day of Eid ul Adha.
There is hope for a permanent ceasefire in Afghanistan, but peace talks are being delayed due to prisoner exchanges.
Earlier, an agreement was reached to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners in exchange for 1,000 government security personnel.
The Afghan government says it has released more than 4,400 Taliban prisoners, while a taliban spokesman said Thursday that his group has so far released a total of 1,005 government prisoners.